Takeisha Rayson
Once upon a desert query
Was a girl who had grown a bit weary
She worked her fingers to the bone
Compiling a vast degree of heartache and moans
But then one day, tired of trying to cope
The girl was reminded that there is indeed still hope.
-T. Rayson

 
Although this blog post is coming about 2 days later than expected, I have very valid reasons for its delay. Since arriving in Palm Springs on February 15th, my itinerary has been filled with back-to-back activities and time in the room has been devoted to sorting through notes and writing articles. However, I have so much to share with you about my trip thus far! In fact, my article from day one of my adventure here in the desert is now published on LA Splashes Magazine Website. I decided to write each article according to the day that I have been here and I think it will work out nicely. This is the morning of day 3, the first morning that I have a bit more time to be a recluse in my hotel room at the Hyatt Regency Suites. I decided to forgo breakfast seeing the fact in the past two days, I have gorged myself with savory and tantalizing dishes from The Springs' (I thought I would reference it as "The Springs"....you know, like "The Hills) most notable dining establishments. Breakfast's of Ricotta Cheese Pancakes, Sage Nutmeg Sausage, and Feta Frittata from King's Highway; Lunches of Roasted Turkey and Bacon sandwiches and Caprese from Jakes Ready to Eat, and Dinner's of Filet Mignon, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Fried Artichoke Hearts from Trio. And, let's not mention the desserts or the cocktails! By the time day two rolled around I think I had already gained a quick 5 pounds.


I am traveling with a group of 7 other writers. There is a handsome couple from Australia, she is a fashion editor and he writes for the Rolling Stones; 2 seasoned travel writers from Reno; Another couple of travel journalist from the South bay area with great stories to tell over dinner or in-between stops; And, another journalist from the Bay area that has a great affinity for inspirational and in-depth story telling. I was glad to discover with all of our vast differences, our group just meshed and we, or at least I, have become quite fond of my travel buddies. Hillary Angel, who is the PR manager for Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism has been a delight and has introduced us to many great locals. To hear about them all, please check the article Web links that I will be sending out. And, for those of you that know me, you know that I am quick to make friends wherever I go. So, I managed to make a few on my own that vowed to show me and my friends a great time on my return trip. Who's ready to come back with me?


To start off this blog, I wrote a short poem that I literally thought of this morning. I don't know if Cupid will rise (read previous posts if you are lost about this statement), but I know indefinitely that hope has. Do you ever pay attention to the glimpses that you are given of your life in the future? When I first started freelancing, I was burnt out from an extenous commute and days daydreaming about attending fashion weeks, writing, and rubbing elbows with those the "who's who" consumed most of my time. Then, all of a sudden, it happened. I was sitting front row at shows during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and, as they say, the rest is history. I knew then that I was given glimpses of the fab life that I was born to live and this trip is yet another. Palm Springs would be an excellent retreat for a writer. After viewing the properties and hearing about the opulent history, I have been thinking about having a home here. A tucked away writer's retreat that overlooks the mountains...awe, what a life that would be.

Well, I am in a bit of a rush, so this is it for now. The pictures that I am posting on this blog post are just a few from the last two days. Again, those of you that know me, know that I love taking pictures. I have had to curb my enthusiasm while here because I don't have my picture buddies with me and I don't think my group has my enthusiasm for taking flicks...especially of me at every stop. So, on my blog posts, you will see a lot of self portraits (smile)!

More pictures of the architecture, homes, and other local sites will be in my review articles, so again, please check them out over the next few days!

I loved this art deco chair at Del Marco Hotel
One of the best cups of coffee I had at Kings Highway


Our tour guide, Robert, holds a wealth of information
Another Journalist and new found friend, Ingrid

Nearly devoured breakfast at Kings Highway and lunch at Jakes Ready to Eat

Before meets after at Jakes

Oh look, they named a store after me! :-)

Headed out for dinner at Trio Restaurant...wait until you read my review article for this!

I made some new friends outside the restaurant...gotta love it!

Inside the restaurant, I made friends with the pate, filet mignon, and garlic mashed potatoes

This is our group
1 Response
  1. Unknown Says:

    Love your poem! I am already packing for Palm Springs...