Takeisha Rayson
If you speak it, you can receive it! Do you believe that?

On my last post, I ended with saying that I will rescue hope on February 15th. Well, the very next day, I got an email from the Editor of a magazine that I freelance for asking me if I would like to go on a trip to tour Palm Springs, all expenses paid! In exchange for my written word about the posh places to eat, sleep, and explore, I would join a small group of journalist for a four day stay in the desert oasis. Yes, friends, on February 15th, I will be off to enjoy Palm Springs and luxuriate in a bit of "me" time. Did I also mention that I will be pampered with free spa services? And, who knows who I will meet on this quick get-a-way!

One dear friend recently reminded me of The Secret. The very idea that you have the power to attract things into your life by your thoughts...your words. Focusing on my words these past two months has enabled me to attract many great things into my life despite the fact that I am currently unemployed. Completing my novel, meeting with people, exploring unorthodox opportunities, these are just a few of my "bright side" perspectives for my current situation. Instead of being disdain about adding another percentage to the unemployment pie, I am beginning to understand that where I am now is just where I desired to be all those times I sat dreaming of my life writing, creating, and accomplishing.  Just think, if I was sitting behind a computer in a cube, I probably wouldn't have considered the chance to take off to Palm Springs during the week.

So, next week I will be blogging on location (taking lots of pictures) and will send you links to the full articles that I publish. I will, of course, continue to work on my novel because did you see my countdown? 109 days left! And, who knows, maybe I will take the arrow out of Cupids back and he will rise again!

Speak It, Believe It, Live It...Today!
3 Responses
  1. Keelonnie Says:

    OMG! This is wonderful Keish!! Can't you see, you are not unemployed just self employed so now you can rely on and answer to the person that means the most in life... YOU! Enjoy your trip and soak up the ambiance like a sponge. What an awesome new lease on life (the next chapter begins)!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    that is so FAB! have a great time...i look forward to hearing [and seeing] all about it!


  3. Unknown Says:

    OMG how cool is that. Can't wait to read your stuff.